We offer both a partial and full service to your vehicle.
A partial service will include an engine oil change, a new oil filter, all the levels checked and a general look over your vehicle.
A full service will include an engine oil change, a new oil filter, cabin filter, air filter, fuel filter, a check and top up of all the levels, a brake clean and a thorough check of your vehicle.
BOOK YOUR MOT
We are an authorized MOT centre and can test all Class IV vehicles.
We are competitively priced at £45 per test with a free retest within 10 working days should the need arise.
MOT testing is available from 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Babbage Road Ind Est
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
At Racecourse Garage, we aim to meet or exceed the demands and needs of each customer whose vehicle requires a car service, MOT or repair
These Terms and conditions are here to help guide you and ourselves, they are not designed to cause conflict. We are always available to discuss our procedures, you need never think there is a wall between you and us.
OUR SALE PROCESS, CUSTOMER STATUS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. A contract will be binding between Racecourse Garage and the customer upon the booking of any work to be undertaken on your car.
2. If you place an order via the phone, internet or in person, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a contract of sale and you are at least 18 years old and reside in the UK.
3. Racecourse Garage will endeavour to provide details of the cost of each service provided and the work required before the work is done. All work and costs, including additional work must be approved by the customer before any work is carried out if at all possible. However, there are times when unexpected issues may arise, therefore we reserve the right to fully repair or to stop work on your vehicle, we will make these decisions in what we believe are in the customers best interest. If the customer supplies parts that we decide are inferior to OE specification, we reserve the right not to fit the supplied part or offer any warranty, we reserve the right to replace the inferior part with an OE spec part in order to complete the repair, at the customer’s expense. Racecourse Garage will always endeavour to contact you about this accordingly.
4. If the service or repair cannot be done within 48hrs of an agreed time due to circumstances beyond Racecourse Garage's control, we will contact the customer and inform them accordingly – this may sometimes be due to parts not being delivered or the work required may take longer to complete due to unforeseen circumstances.
5. All additional work is subject to VAT as required by law.
6. Special oils or spark plugs may be required for your vehicle. These will be an additional charge and we will inform you of the costs on the day of your service.
7. All parts used will adhere to the manufacturers service schedule and warranty and will be of “original equipment” (OE) standard – ensuring all warranties are validated.
8. In addition to your Statutory Rights, a Parts (but not labour) Warranty is provided for a period of 12 months (or within 12,000 miles) of work carried out by Racecourse Garage. The Warranty covers replacement defective parts only.
9. The Warranty is dependent upon:
9. (a). Racecourse Garage being given an opportunity to investigate or rectify any faults within a reasonable time frame.
9. (b). The manufacturer’s vehicle operating instructions being undertaken.
9. (c). Having the vehicle serviced according to the manufacturer’s recommended schedule (at the time or distance specified).
9. (d). Full compliance with Racecourse Garage advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by Racecourse Garage verbally or in writing.
9. (e). The parts or workmanship carried out not being subjected to abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.
10. Once the work has been finished, payment will be taken. Only upon cleared funds for all work done, will the vehicle be returned to the customer, unless agreed otherwise prior to the work commencing.
11. Racecourse Garage does not accept any liability for any damage or losses suffered by the Customer from the storage of its vehicle at Racecourse Garage.
12. The customer has the right to cancel the car service at any time, as long as any of the agreed work to date has been paid for up to the point of cancellation.
13. The insurance cover on any courtesy or replacement vehicle provided by Racecourse Garage will need to be covered by the customer’s insurance policy – Racecourse Garage will inform the customer who will then be required to provide their own insurance. Collection and Delivery times may vary due to unforeseen circumstances – Racecourse Garage will always endeavour to contact you accordingly.
14. Racecourse Garage will not be responsible or liable for any unforeseeable losses; losses that were not caused by Racecourse Garage employees, agents or representatives' negligence or for any business losses.
This does not affect any claim that the customer may have for death or personal injury. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that the works are performed with due skill and care, that the goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
15. Racecourse Garage will not be responsible for any loss of valuable items left by the customer and are not connected to the vehicle or damage to such items.
16. Racecourse Garage will not be liable for any damage or delay in the services provided if the reasons are down to “an act of God”, “industrial action such as strikes”, “government disputes” or factors to be deemed out of control of Racecourse Garage.
17. Health and Safety laws will apply where applicable when each customer’s vehicle is worked upon.
18. Any complaint with respect to any car service done by Racecourse Garage must be restricted to communications with Racecourse Garage only. Racecourse Garage will not be liable for resolving any mistakes, issues or problems unless all correspondence remains with Racecourse Garage.
19. Racecourse Garage will endeavour to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally normally within 28 days. If the dispute should take longer, Racecourse Garage will notify the customer accordingly.
20. Racecourse Garage will not be liable for any faults if you remove a vehicle from our premises with Advisories on your Invoice or paperwork, you accept full liability related to or including the Advisories noted.
21. Vehicles left in the custody of Racecourse Garage after completion of work, for more than 5 calendar days are subject to a storage fee of £15 + VAT per day. If your vehicle is not collected within 10 calendar days, then we reserve the right to have your vehicle recovered and stored in a secure compound at the customers cost, recovery is usually £150 plus £15 per day + VAT. In the event of any dispute regarding payment for works carried out on your vehicle, Racecourse Garage holds the rights to within 48hrs to arrange recovery of your vehicle at a cost of £150 plus £15 per day + VAT into secure storage facility until the dispute has been resolved, the customer being liable for the costs of recovery and storage.
22. Racecourse Garage holds no liability for loss or damage to vehicles when left outside of our premises. There may be occasions where there is no room inside the garage to store your vehicle as work is allocated in a productive basis. We will not always have the opportunity to inform you when moving your vehicle outside but will make best efforts to do so.
Note: We are a friendly garage. If you have a problem, only ever talk to us in a civil manner.
As most people will appreciate, our staff are entitled to work without fear or intimidation. With the help of police and our solicitors we will vigorously pursue those who threaten or assault any member of staff. If a situation occurs that involve customers behaving badly that is, customers who behave in a way that is problematic or violates the exchange contract between us and the customer. We reserve the right to remove any parts we have fitted from your vehicle and reclaim our labour costs if we deem our staff have been intimidated in any way.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE GUARANTEE TERMS CONTAINED IN THEM DO NOT AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER REGARDING FAULTY OR MIS-